I will continue to update this list as I learn about resources, so please check back later if you would like more ideas. If you have anything you would like to suggest for this page, please fill out my contact form.
**I have not been asked to recommend any of the following resources. Consequently, I am not being paid to recommend them. If you are a representative of a organization affiliated with any of the following products/services, I would not object to being paid! 😉
Types of Resources
iNACOL Events and Webinars
Annual iNACOL Blended and Online Learning Symposium
- October 23-25, 2017 – Swan & Dolphin Resort in Orlando, Florida (Registration is still open!)
- October 21-24, 2018 – Nashville City Music Center in Nashville, Tennessee
Virtual Teacher Specialization through University of California, Irvine
- Financial Aid is available.
- You will receive a certificate upon completion of the specialization.
From the website: “This series of courses provides best practices for online instruction, student engagement and virtual community building; effective uses of asynchronous and synchronous technologies, social media and other emerging technologies; and data analysis techniques and student performance measurements to individualize instruction in an online or blended environment. The courses in this Specialization may be taken in any order. Each course can be taken independently. The Specialization concludes with a final project that will give you the opportunity to integrate and apply the skills you have gained throughout the courses.”
List of courses:
- Foundations of Virtual Instruction
- Emerging Trends & Technologies in the Virtual K-12 Classroom
- Advanced Instructional Strategies in the Virtual Classroom
- Performance Assessment in the Virtual Classroom
- Virtual Teacher Final Project
Remember: if you buy/rent through Amazon Smile, a portion of the money that you are already paying will go toward a charity of your choice. No additional spending is necessary.
Ko, S., & Rossen, S. (2017). Teaching online: A practical guide (4th ed.). New York, NY: Routledge.
Pacansky-Brock, M. (2017). Best practices for teaching with emerging technologies (2nd ed.). New York, NY: Routledge.
Rice, K. (2012). Making the move to K-12 online teaching: Research-based strategies and practices. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education, Inc.
Stephens, M. (2013). Teaching in zero gravity: A practical field guide to online teaching. N.p.: Author.